Free winter bike checks available now !
Free Winter cycling checks at Full Gas Bikes – visit the store, telephone or send us a message !
Until the end of October we are offering FREE winter bike checks. We will check your bike and advise on what you need to do to get your bike ready for winter.
Look after your bike! – Poor weather, dead leaves and gritted roads can mean that your bike will wear much more quickly, so it’s important to keep your bike well maintained during the winter. If you don’t have time, we can do this for you.
At the very least :-
- Keep your chain clean
- Also consider changing to a wet chain lube for the winter months.
- Pay particular attention to your drivetrain and brake pads.
- Tyres – It goes without saying that the roads can be slippy in bad weather. Moving to a wider and more grippy tyre can really help your chances of staying the right way up, and more puncture-resistant tyres mean that you won’t be left in the cold trying to change your inner tubes as often.
- Take care – All the gear in the world won’t help you if you don’t adapt your riding to winter. Remember that stopping distances will be much longer, grip will be much less and there will be hazards like ice and drain covers to look out for.
- Put the bike away dry – If it’s a wet ride, it’s a good idea to wipe the bike dry with a rag or bounce the bike on its tyres to dry it off a bit before you put it away. If you’ve gotten really drenched, remove the seat post to allow water to evaporate.
- Lubrication – Putting a small amount of lubricant (wet lube is often preferred for this kind of weather) onto the chain, the pivot points of the derailleurs and other moving parts (but NOT the brakes or rims!) before wiping off the excess with a rag is a great way to keep things running smoothly between services.
Comments are closed